Thursday, September 19, 2013

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

4/5

On the day of their fifth wedding anniversary, Nick Dunne returns home to find the front door ajar, furniture overturned, and his wife, Amy, missing. The police are trying to find her but they seem determined that Nick was the one who killed her despite his repeated pleas of innocence. There isn't much else I can say about this book without giving away some of the major plot twists. The book is divided into three parts. Part one, we learn all the evidence against Nick. Part two, we learn the truth. Part three is the resolution. Part one and two are as amazing as Amy herself! They are full of unbelievable, gasping out loud plot twists. It is certainly an amazing read. The only reason I gave this book a 4 instead of a 5 is the ending. It is certainly not what I wanted for the characters. I'm afraid I side with Margo, Nick's sister on this one: "I love you even if..." The "if" here being the choices the characters made in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment